TVA provides high quality solutions in the complex Service Tax regime. We analyze the requirements and necessity of the clients and with our experience and expertise offer expert professional services which make the whole system of service tax seems easy. Our dedicated and skilled team helps the national and international clients, through industry-focused approach, with high standard of services and greater value addition.
TVA with their wide-ranging experience and in-depth knowledge of Service Tax Laws helps the clients in following aspects:
- Registration of Assessee
- Return verification / filing of return
- Opinions/ Clarifications
- Transaction planning and structuring
- Departmental representation
- Reply to Show Cause Notice (SCN)
- Representation before Adjudicating Authority/ Appellate Forums
- Outsourcing of Service Tax compliance activities
Service Tax is an Indirect Tax levied on different services provided by the Assessee in India. The responsibility of collecting the tax lies with the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) as established by Indian Government. The journey of Service Tax began by selective taxation of just three services on July 1, 1994 and applicable to whole of India except Jammu & Kashmir and it has become one of the major sources of revenue to the Indian Government. The Indian Budget 2012 has introduced a new system of taxation of services known as Negative List Approach under which all services, except those specified in the negative list will be subject to taxation w.e.f. 1st July, 2012 (Notification 25/2012).
The rules and regulations and various procedures laid down through Service Tax laws are very cumbersome, tedious and the day to day Amendments, Notification and Circulars issued by the Service Tax Department makes the Service Tax regime more difficult.
Registration Procedure of Service Tax
- A Service Tax assessee seeking registration should file an application in Form ST-1 on the department website (www.cbec.gov.in).
- Certified True copies of Form ST-1, Income Tax PAN, proof of address of business premise(s), Identity and Address proof of partners/Director, Memorandum and Articles of Association or partnership Deed, list of Partners/Directors are required to be submitted to the jurisdictional Central Excise office.
- The Registration certificate should be issued within a period of seven days from the date of submission of application ST-1 along with all relevant documents. In case the registration certificate is not issued within seven days, the registration applied for is deemed to have been granted.
Payment of Service Tax: